ComputerXplorers in Partnership with Wessex Water
Give your children two unforgettable days this summer holiday, with ComputerXplorers in partnership with Wessex Water, who are kindly providing complementary facilities and an experienced guide and educator, and even a goody bag for children to take home!
Two fun filled days in the countryside
Taking place on August 14th and 15th at the Wessex Water Interpretation Centre (near Bleadon Weston-Super-Mare) this action-packed two day event features two 7 hour days filled with outdoor and indoor activities studying the environment and developing computer skills.
Combining outdoor adventure and indoor computing!
Children will spend the morning touring Wessex water's treatment works and nature reserve with a wide range of animals, birds and plants followed by an afternoon developing their computing skills with ComputerXplorers unique programmes. (Weather conditions may reverse this order!).
Parents can join in the fun too!
Parents are welcome to join the tours of the facilities too, and we will confirm whether site tours are morning or afternoon the night before when we have a better idea of weather each day.
Have a ton of fun developing your computing skills!
See the day programmes fbelow for details of how you can have a ton of fun developing your computing skills. These will be great fun on the day, and even better with both our classes you can continue to develop your ideas and skills at home on those wet days before you go back to school!
Essential Information for parents
- Price for two days of action packed fun just £60.
- Workshops will run 9.30am to 4.30pm. (Drop off 9.20 am, Pick up 4.30pm).
- Please provide a packed lunch for your child(ren). We will provide healthy drinks and snacks for the morning and afternoon breaks - PLEASE ENSURE WE ARE AWARE OF ANY FOOD ALLERGIES YOUR CHILD(REN) MAY SUFFER.
- Hard hats and Hi Viz jackets will be provided by Wessex Water, please ensure that your child’s footwear is suitable for cross country walking. (No Trainers are allowed under Wessex Water site rules)
- Activities are designed for children aged 8 to 13, but please contact us if your child is interested, but outside of the age range.
- Click on the link here, or the ‘Book a class’ button at the top of the page to book!
Any problems making a booking please contact us
Photographs of facilities and logo provided by kind permission of Wessex Water .
Day 1 Coding, Engineering and robotics!
Use our awesome Micro:Bit mini computers for your own inventions. You can use it for all sorts of cool creations, from robots to musical instruments - the possibilities are endless. With its 25 LED lights, accelerometer and radio connections you can use your creativity and newly learned coding skills to create your own amazing gadgets, which you can use on the Nature Trail tour on day 2!
Day 2 Programming and Animation
Using an innovative 3D programming environment create an animation for telling a story, an interactive game, or a video to show off to your friends and family on our YouTube channel.
You will design, program and present your own unique 3D world or video game. Perhaps you could even base it on what you find out on the Nature Trail and Tour!
This is a fun way to continue to develop programming and coding skills, including understanding logic gates and basic computational methods.